The night before the big day, Shane and I decorated our apartment for Jeremy's first Birthday! I'm pretty sure I was way more excited about Jeremy's birthday than he was! The next morning Jeremy woke up bright and early at 6:30 am. I nursed him and then Shane and I brought him out into the living room to open one of his presents. The first thing he noticed was the banner that we had hung. Not the presents, or the toys, or the balloons, but the decorations?! I'm glad we took the time to decorate (since Shane said he wasn't even going to notice :) He just stared at this Happy Birthday banner and wanted to reach up and grab it!


Hanging it the night before! Glad I did!

Then we decided to let Jeremy open one present before Shane had to go to school. (And it was part of his cake, so I kind of needed it!) He loved the car set we got him and he was much better at ripping open his presents compared to Christmas! Jeremy could tell that there was something special about this day because he was so excited and happy all day! He didn't even want to take his morning nap but luckily when I put him in his bed, he went right to sleep!

After his nap, we met Shane on campus and headed to a play structure on the old SGU campus to play and have a picnic. Jeremy loves this playground so we thought it would be fun for him to spend his day there! We took a slight detour when I hit a rock in the road and we had to go buy a new tire. Jeremy was great throughout the whole thing! He like watching the mechanics fix our car!



After the picnic at the playground, we brought Jeremy back for his second nap and once again he acted so alert and not tired at all but the second I put him down he fell fast asleep! Shane had to go study during this time so I made Jeremy's Birthday cake! Since he LOVES cars so much, I decided to make him a car/race track cake. I used fondant for the first time and it turned out pretty well considering I didn't have any help, except with getting the recipe (Thanks Lizzy)!






Some facts:
When Jeremy woke up we played a little bit more and got ready for his party at our apartment. We invited all the neighbors and a couple of others from the branch who have babies around Jeremy's age. It was a blast and Jeremy LOVED having people over and LOVED playing with the other kids! He is such a people person.
Jeremy waved at everyone while they were singing Happy Birthday. He was timid at first with the cake but once he tasted it he dug right in. Seriously, have you EVER seen a birthday boy this happy?
After everyone went home, we opened up the rest of his presents and he especially loved his puzzle with the knobs on it. He tried to grab every knob before Shane could even get the wrapper off.
He played so hard and was so happy all day. I knew he would sleep like a rock last night :)
21 lbs, 31 in
LOVES:
Wiggles
peek-a-boo
getting chased on the couch or bed
cars, airplanes or anything that goes vroom!
music and dancing
climbing (especially all over Daddy)
nursing
eating, especially anything we have
Sandwiches
multi-grain club crackers
oatmeal
juice
anything sweet
grocery shopping with Mommy
walking along walls and cabinets
people, especially kids
loud noises
our neighbors dog, he will do anything to be near him
waving
giving high fives
knocking on doors and windows
HATES:
getting dressed/diaper changed
wearing shoes
Just things:
Has to hold his own toothbrush
Has 8 teeth (I think he's working on molars)
Says Mom, Dadda, all done, hot, and lots of other babbles
You're the best Jeremy! Happy 1st Birthday cutie! We love you!
4 comments:
cool cake!
Happy Birthday to my favorite one year old! The party was a blast! :-D
What an awesome birthday!! He looks so happy! Where did you get all his gifts and decorations? In grnada? Sorry to hear about having to get a new tire :(
The cake looks amazing! I'm so impressed!
He really did look super happy!! What a cutie! :) I can"t believe he is already one!
Post a Comment