Shane finally got a break from all his studying a couple of weeks ago! He rocked his midterms and I'm so proud of him! For his weekend off we had some fun! Friday night we just relaxed and Shane took a good long (and much needed) nap when he got home from his last midterm. Then Saturday we headed to BBC beach (my new favorite)! Shane had never been so it was fun to take him there! We played in the sand and water and even took turns catching some z's on the lawn chairs! We talked about how weird it was that people spend all this money and take all this time off to come here on vacation and we get to do it any time we want! What an awesome experience coming to Grenada has been so far!
Oh and did I mention how much Jeremy LOVES the sand? He throws it, eats it, lays down and smears it all over, and (my personal favorite) rubs it in his hair!
Then on Saturday night Kensi watched Jeremy for us and put him to bed so we could go on a hot date. Shane told me he had it all planned so I wasn't sure what we were doing I was just excited to get out and do something with him! We planned to go to this restaurant called Umbrellas that is right on the beach but when we got there we realized that it was Sandblast. This is an SGU event where all the students go to the beach and get majorly drunk. So it was packed and crowded. We ended up vetoing that idea and went to a place called Charcoals. We REALLY enjoyed it! Some of our friends here don't seem to like it as much but we thought the food was delicious, the meal came fast, and the prices were comparable to the United States. After that we went to the beach and played catch with glow sticks and then laid out on the sand and looked at the stars while listening to the waves crash on the shore. Sounds cheesy I know, but who else can say they've done that? And props to Shane for creativity and for planning the whole night. It was so nice to just talk without any interruptions. And the beach was empty, we had it all to ourselves! That's what I love about this island! Thanks for a great date Shane, I love you!
Oh and just for good measure...What's a post without this little cutie!
2 comments:
Rex and I were talking about how much money people pay to come here to vacation and how lucky we are to live here! Then we remembered how much loans we have taken out to come here, lol! Glad you guys had such a fun date!
Your life sounds so exotic! Glad you're having so much fun. We're heading to grad school this July, although North Carolina doesn't sounds quite as exciting as Grenada! ps- I miss our chats!
Post a Comment