Monday, April 23, 2012

Since I forgot

I've been meaning to do a 14 month post about Jeremy but since I forgot and now he's closer to 15 months, I thought I'd just post a few cute pictures of him doing the things he loves!

SLEEPING!  Jeremy still takes two 2 hour naps a day.  It's great that I have a baby that sleeps so well but hard when I want to go out.  This is when I decided he could skip his morning nap so we could go to the beach with friends.  He fell asleep in my arms out in the ocean.  He stayed asleep when I laid him down and continued to sleep for 45 minutes!
CARS!  Again at the beach...hangin with his buddies Ashton (left) and Tytan (right).  They were all having a blast zooming their cars around on the table.  It was so cute to watch!
COPYING!  Jeremy wants to do everything we do, eat everything we eat (lately he's been refusing his food if we don't use the grown up spoons, forks, etc.), and sitting on the couch.  Shane and I will sit down on the couch next to each other and Jeremy will climb up and sit by us.  He already thinks he is a BIG boy.  This was just this morning after he woke up drinking his milk and watching cartoons on the couch!  (Dad likes to spoil him).  P.s. did I mention as of today he is completely done nursing?  I can't believe I nursed for this long and how easy it was to wean him!  I loved nursing, which is why I did it for so long, but it also feels really good to be done!
REAL GROWN UP CARS!  Every morning, Jeremy and I got outside and play before his morning nap.  I ask him if he wants to go outside and he goes and gets his shoes and walks over to the front door.  Then I ask him where the keys are and he looks all around, grabs them, and holds them up to the doorknob.  Then we walk outside and he leads me down to this.   
Every morning he plays in our car and every afternoon when I turn on the car, the blinkers and windshield wipers are on and the mirrors adjusted.

THE BEACH!  Of course.  He loves the beach.  He loves everything about it.  The sand, the waves, splashing in the water, kicking, and blowing bubbles in the water.  He also loves digging in the sand with shovels and building castles with Shane!
CHEESY GRINS!  So this was Jeremy's 14 month picture.  I just had to post it.  He gives the biggest, cheesiest grins you will ever see.  He smiles so big that one eye closes when he does it.  I LOVE that grin!  He is the BEST and we love him!   
  Just a random extra.  This was just yesterday when we went to Guoyave for church.  It is a small group, probably 15, that lives about an hour from the building we have church in and they don't have means to get there so they hold their own church service, led by the missionaries.  Church is actually held in this house where the missionaries live.    It was so cool to go to church here.  I have never been to a Sacrament meeting this small and humble before.  The members in this group are so strong and I really felt the spirit there.  I told Shane I'd go there every Sunday for church if it wasn't so far.  Jeremy did great without his morning nap and loved the bus ride up there, sticking his head out the window and letting the breeze blow in his hair!  We will definitely be doing this again!
Well, Shane's finals start two weeks from today and then a week of play time on the island and back to the US of A.  Shane is so ready to be done studying and we are both so excited for the break.  Isn't it funny how we can't wait for our vacation back to Utah/California when we live in a vacation destination spot?  I guess it's just the break from the norm that makes it a vacation...

4 comments:

dougandjulie said...

Jeremy is so cute1 I love his cheesy grins also. I'm sure it does feel good to be done nursing. I'm glad that he weaned easily and that he takes a cup well also.

Katie said...

Good for you for nursing that long! I wish I loved it that much. And yes, his grin is adorable!

EA said...

His little grins are SO cute! I love that picture of him falling asleep at the beach. That's awesome he weened so well! He needs to talk to Ashton about drinking cows milk so his mama can do that same ;)

Reece said...

I LOVE the cheesy grin picture!