Friday, May 11, 2012

Time to play

Shane is just finishing his last final as I type this post.  I can't believe he is already finished with his first year of medical school!  He did so well in all of his classes and I am so proud of him.  Congrats babe!  We are so excited to be able to play for about a week before we head back to the states on Thursday.  I am just more excited that Shane gets to be done with studying for 6 weeks.  It will be so nice to be able to spend so much time with him and Jeremy this summer.  I can't wait to do all the fun things we have planned!  Shane did manage to take a break from studying last Friday to come to the SO (significant others) closing social.  We had BBQ ribs with salad and french fries and played in a pool and on the playground with Jeremy.  It was a lot of fun and this resort was a really cool place to have the social!  Here's Jeremy braving the slide with his Dad.
Did I mention that Jeremy loves anything to do with being in the kitchen?  Real or fake apparently.  He is always wanting to watch me cook dinner and help stir things and his favorite word right now is "hot".  He loved this play kitchen so we are excited to take him to Grandma and Grandpa Ahlstrom's for some fun in the kitchen!
Family photo in front of the jungle backdrop
Jeremy hanging out on the lawn decor!  Let's just say that Jeremy and I pretty much live in our swimsuits!
With his buddies
So Jeremy has a new love.  French Cashew apples.  They are everywhere here on the island and extremely inexpensive.  They are perfect for him because when we give him a regular apples he chews and sucks all the juice out and then spits out the skin.  These apples are so juicy and soft and so is the skin.  He actually eats the whole apple including the skin, so we decided that buying (or picking them for free) will definitely be a money saver for us!
At the playground
Shane's been wanting to do a lot of this lately!  Every morning after I go get Jeremy out of his bed he crawls up and cuddles his Daddy.  It is the cutest thing so I just had to take a picture when he did it one afternoon while Shane was just lying down exhausted from studying!
"Helping" Shane study!  He loves to copy everything we do!
At the beach with my buddy!  He loves the water and loves finding cool rocks to play with!
We are so excited to just play for the next week on the island and then head back to the states!  I am so proud of Shane and all his hard work.  And of course we just love our little Jer-bear!

2 comments:

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Congrats Shane! Can't wait to see you guys!

Carrie said...

Your life looks so fun! And you look FABULOUS Kim! I need to move to an island.