Here's how my Valentine's day went. I woke up to find a cute paper heart note on my nightstand from Shane. I was going to make Shane a yummy crepe breakfast, you know, hearts, pink, yummy cream cheese filling, but then realized we are too poor to eat that fancy. So I went with some toast with a heart cut out of it and eggs cooked in the middle! Then Shane left for the entire day....which is normal. I spent all day with Jeremy (which is also normal), making/getting stuff for Shane's Valentine's day gift. Again, didn't spend a whole lot of money. I continued to find little paper heart notes hidden all throughout our apartment, I think there were well over 20. My hubby's a sweetie! I made Valentine's sugar cookies and then we met Shane on campus for our "hot date" to the SO Valentine's day party, woot woot! We frosted sugar cookies with Jeremy and made a candy bar poster. We got home and didn't even really make dinner or go out to eat for three reasons: 1. We are too poor, 2. We were too lazy, and 3. We ate enough junk food at the party. Then we put Jeremy to bed (after an enormous consumption of sugar) and I fell asleep watching The Mentalist with Shane...at 8:30. Some day it will probably be different, but for now it really was the perfect Valentine's day. I got to spend the whole evening with Shane, which doesn't happen very often! He was so sweet and thoughtful in hiding little love notes to me all around the apartment. And Jeremy LOVED Valentine's day! I think it's now his second favorite holiday, following Halloween!
And this is why!
Yummy treats
The candy and goodies we got Shane, and of course some Dr. Pepper! We also made little heart notes of reasons we love Shane and put them in a jar. Jeremy got a basketball and some candy for Valentine's day!
Jeremy's Valentine's box. At our apartment complex we made boxes and passed out Valentine's to the neighbors. Jeremy loved giving out Valentine's this year!
One of the hiding spots for the notes Shane wrote me!
Another hiding spot under my makeup bag
At the SO Valentine's party!
Opening the goods!
Frosting cookies with my little Jer-bear!
Opening his Valentine from Mom!
It was a great day! I love my two valentines so much and by next year there will be a third! Crazy!!!
1 comment:
so sweet! happy v-day! And I feel ya on the being poor. :)
Post a Comment