Saturday, February 16, 2013

All Aboard the Two Two Train

That was Jeremy's so-called "theme" for his 2nd birthday last Friday.  When I asked Jer what he wanted for his birthday he said "um....cupcakes and balloons."  I figured that was a pretty reasonable request, so that's what we did.  Here's Jeremy's big day in pictures! 
The day started out bright and early at 5:15 am!  I think he sensed the excitement!  He loved his special sign!
And the balloons he asked for.  He kept throwing them up in the air and screaming.  Safe to say I think he liked the balloons!  
Playing outside with his buddy Tanner
Homemade hamburgers and fries for lunch.  The smile says it all!  One of his favorite meals.  Do you think I can hide McDonald's from him till he's out of the house? 
A walk in his stroller.  He has been begging me to take him on a walk in "his" stroller for a while now but it's been broken for a few months.  I finally got the part a week ago and with the help of Grandpa we fixed the stroller just in time to take it for a spin on his big day!
Then we had a small party for Jeremy and invited all of his little buddies.  Just cake/cupcakes and juice.  Nothing too fancy!
The food
Jeremy loved eating the frosting while decorating the cupcakes!  I mean seriously, look at that face.
He got a homemade kitchen set from our awesome neighbor Patty!  She is so sweet.  She even made him a little mini apron...and Jeremy loves it, can you tell?!  Thanks Patty!
Family pictures

Playing at his party, climbing fences with girls
Jeremy and Leia, his little girlfriend, eating cupcakes
Cuddling with Daddy after an exciting and long day!
Say cheese!
Jeremy was so tired that night that we decided to open presents the next morning!
He got puzzles, motorcycles, trains, bath toys, pez (he loves those since Christmas), and more.
The goods!
He was even spoiled by his grandparents and got presents all the way from the United States!  Thanks Grandma, Grandpa, Mima and Papa for the presents!

Now this little boy is TWO!!!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  Jeremy is such a smart little boy.  He speaks in full sentences and can communicate his ideas and thoughts to us without a problem.  He is so funny and has such a little personality.  He is now in a big boy bed and he put his own sandals on today!  He is growing up so fast and we love him so much!  

Some things Jeremy loves:
Tractors, bikes, motorcycles, cars, trucks, airplanes, really anything that goes

Puzzles.  Jeremy has gotten really good at doing puzzles.  He got an age 2+ puzzle for his birthday and as soon as he opened it, he did it in about 5 seconds.  

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Just recently he's been watching a lot of those shows on Youtube

Reading books.  He loves to read with me on the couch or on one of our beds.  His favorite book right now is called My Big Truck Book.

Popsicles.  He loves to eat popsicles outside every afternoon.  Which is great because it's so hot outside and it gives me an excuse to eat one too :)

Singing.  Jeremy LOVES to sing and he's really good at carrying a tune.  His favorite song right now is by far Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  He sings it ALL the time.  He also really likes the ABC's song but I've noticed that he tends to sing "A B C D E F G, How I wonder what you are."  Same tune makes it kind of confusing I guess!

Treats.  Lately, I've found that I've been bribing Jeremy with lots of sugar to get him to do what I want because one of his new favorite words is "nope".  Does that make me a bad parent?  

The water.  Jeremy loves swimming in the pool.  He is getting really independent about swimming all over the place with his floaties on.  I love it!  He also loves bath time!

Jumping.  Jeremy recently learned to jump with both feet (I know, it took him forever).  But since he figured it out, he loves to practice in our kitchen jumping over the grout lines of the tile.  He loves climbing up the ladder of the pool and jumping off the edge into the water!

His comfort tools (as we call them).  Pacifier, blanky, Rover and Brownie (his two stuffed dogs).  He is pretty much to the point where he only really wants them in his bed for naps and bedtime, so I guess it's not too terrible right?  Okay but really, the pacifier has to go.

We love this little guy so much!  Before I had Jeremy, I couldn't imagine my life with him, but now we can't imagine our family without him!  He is the best!  

And one last picture to show you how cute he is!
Painting outside with his friends
Jeremy 2 yrs

1 comment:

Reece said...

loved the update!! I can't believe little GermGerm is TWO!! crazy how the time flies! the pictures look great and I loved the theme, good job mama!