We finally had our first visitors!!! My cousin Jessica and her friends Katie and Pawnee came on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and stayed for a week-long vacation! It was jam-packed with all sorts of fun and was exhausting to say the least but do we want more visitors? Yes please. Tams, that means you guys! Here's a breakdown of everything we did and yes I never brought my camera since I have pictures of all these places already and all three of them had theirs. So pics to come ... once I steal them from said visitors.
They got in late Wednesday night. Jeremy slept in our room for a week while they took the second bedroom. Thanks Patty for letting us use your queen size air mattress. I think that thing is more comfy than our bed...
Thursday morning we went to Mt. Carmel waterfall and of course we slid down the rock slides. I was a little bit nervous doing this hike with Jeremy and without Shane but Jeremy was an excellent hiker. He hiked the whole way down and half the way up. By then he was exhausted and I carried him the rest of the way. We came home and had lunch then headed to Grand Anse Beach for the afternoon.
Friday we went to the market in St. George's where they bought gifts/souvenirs and fruits and veggies for the week. We showed them around and got smoothies at Celine's! Yum! Then we went home for lunch and then Magazine beach for some snorkeling all afternoon. After that, we headed to Fish Friday in Guoyave. This is where a bunch of fishermen bring their fresh catch of the day and sell from there booth on the street. There was all sorts of fish like crab, lobster, mahi mahi (MY FAVORITE!), fish balls, fish kabobs, fish pizza, shrimp, fried plantains, breadfruit (so weird, google it), locally made pumpkin ice cream, etc. It was some great food!
Saturday we went to BBC beach in the morning and planned to hike Concord Falls but we got rained out. We were all pretty tired so we all took naps that afternoon, it was a lazy day!
Sunday we went to church pretty much on the beach and then again took naps. We also went to the tide pools and watched the sunset.
Monday was a packed day. I left Jeremy with my neighbor (thanks Mindy!) while we all headed to 7 sisters! On the way, we stopped by Grand Etang lake. Unfortunately the monkeys were not out that morning :( We also stopped by Annandale falls for some pictures so they did end up getting a picture with Jack the monkey! Anyway, 7 sisters is an awesome hike through the jungle basically that leads you down to the last waterfall of a series of waterfalls. Once you get to the bottom you continue to hike up to the first waterfall. Once you get up there, there really is no way back down but to jump. So that's what they did while I stayed at the bottom to get them on video jumping the 35 foot waterfall! They had a blast and I knew they would, it is awesome! We even got to have Superman Butterfly as our guide! He is hilarious and I'm pretty sure that's his "street" name! Haha! Then we came home for lunch and headed to the University Club where we swam, collected shells, watched the sunset, and had strawberry daiquiris (virgin of course!). After dinner we headed to the Owl restaurant to watch the crab races. It's something that you have to do while your here but the crabs really aren't fast at all and it's definitely not as fun if you aren't betting on crabs, which none of us were. But the drunk people were funny!
Tuesday we went to La Sagesse beach in the morning, had lunch and then headed to Fort George for the sunset and some amazing views of St. George's.
Wednesday morning we took them to the airport. They were great guests. I never had to wash my dishes once while they were here and they compensated us way more than they should have. They were great with Jeremy and put up with his tired and whiny schedule-thrown self on some days. Jeremy cried at the airport and said "I wanna come!" It was so sad. And every prayer he has said since they left has included being thankful for Jessica, thankful for Katie, and thankful for Pawnee. I think it's safe to say he misses our visitors! Thanks for coming you guys and being such great guests! I hope you guys had fun!
2 comments:
So fun! I wish I could be your visitor!
reading this is making me depressed!! I miss the island! Glad you guys had fun visitors!
Post a Comment